Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Penguins!!!


Penguins are the most adorable things ever! I could have watched them and photographed them for hours. I was lucky we made it just in time to see a few of them. They close Boulders Beach around 6:30 pm in the summer, we got there at 6:00. I guess a few years ago there were only two breeding pairs left, but the colony has now grown to about 3,000 although they are still considered a vulnerable species. They used to be called Jackass Penguins because of the braying noise they make, they are now called the 'African Penguin', I think their new name is much sexier.

3 comments:

  1. Paka's going to love this blog! He LOVES penguins... he thinks they are super funny:) Keep your blogs coming, I've living vicariously through you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Mimi!! Looks like you are sure having fun :) You know, the best part about Penguins is the waddle....it's hard to capture on camera but I think you did it. Too cute!

    PS: I want to hang that sign in my living room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that sign was hilarious too... till I saw some penguins right next to our car. Penguins in the parking lot, what the!?! I would never forgive myself if I ran over a penguin.

    ReplyDelete