Friday, August 20, 2010

Isle of Wight holidays Freshwater Bay & Compton Bay


Freshwater bay is a beautiful pebbly beach. I collected a bunch of the prettiest and most original pebbles. I even found one in the shape of a heart, well it kind of looks like a heart.
Compton Bay is a gorgeous long sandy stretch of beach. Would be great if we had more beaches like that on the Big Island. Sand is such a rare commodity on my island.  I think the chalk cliffs in the background are incredible. They are a typical South English coast sight, I find them so dramatic, you can actually write with the chalk pebbles that you find. We collected a few of those as well.  Maybe I'll write some letter with the chalk pebbles.

2 comments:

  1. Meems,
    I love your posts - you're so creative!
    Can we make some cash from them????!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, as always. Theses strike me as vacation snapshots for some sort of modern day Jane Austen novel...like someone with a parasol will peep around the corner any second :)

    ReplyDelete